Level 1 Teacher
Gentle Yoga International
200HR Teacher Training Program
This program examines the central concepts of yoga, weaving ancient wisdom with modern science to empower you to
support and change lives as a Level 1 Gentle Yoga Teacher.
At the end of the program you will be prepared with the fundamentals of yoga to help, heal, and increase
self-empowerment and peace in minds, bodies, communities, and the world through your teaching.
Modules - What You’ll Learn
- Dates & key ideas
- Yogic texts
- Gentle Yoga approach
- Anatomy & alignment principles
- Skeletal system: bones, joints, major muscles
- The nervous system
- Respiratory system
- Cardiovascular, circulatory, endocrine, digestive, lymphatic, and glymphatic systems
- Joint movement
- Joint stabilization
- Safe movement
- Contraindications & misalignments
- Historical contexts
- Koshas, kleshas, chakras
- Prana vayus
- Methods & practice
- Chanting, mantras, mudras
- Teaching methodology: sequencing, pacing, cueing, developing your voice, managing a class (online & in person), assisting
- Practice teaching
- Yoga Sutras
- Ethical commitments
- Responsibility & accountability
- Scope of practice, code of conduct, equity & social justice
- Lifelong learning
- Launching your business
- Marketing & Promotion
Who’s It For?
Our 200HR program is for you if you’re looking to deepen your own practice, learn to teach yoga to others, and/or explore accessible, inclusive yoga more deeply. Our program is suited to humans who are intellectually curious and love to learn, maintain an open mind, and dive deep.
This is not for you if you’re looking for a sequence of poses to memorize and deliver over and over again in the exact same way. We don’t believe human bodies fit that mold – we do believe that the depth and power of yoga is so much more vast than this.
Develop and deepen your own yoga and meditation practice and ties to your yoga lineage, practice, and community
Develop comfort teaching group and corporate clients in studios, gyms, retreats, and clinical and therapeutic settings
Become adept and confident at teaching accessible, inclusive yoga
Gain confidence in your ability and voice as a yoga teacher
A well-rounded training with a strong foundation in anatomy and alignment so you can begin teaching with confidence and clarity.
Gentle Yoga Teachers Help People To
How It Works
Our 200HR program is delivered in hybrid format with a mix of live and on demand learning. Attendance at live sessions supports
the development of your teaching skills and live sessions are recorded (other than partner/small group work sessions).
|Live Sessions||Teaching &
|When||At your convenience.||Beginning and end of the program, 4 hours each.||Twice a month, two hours sessions.||Once a month.|
|Where||In the online learning portal.||Zoom||Zoom||Zoom|
|Purpose||Flexibly explore and learn the core content at your own speed, in your own timing.||Gather in community for learning, connection, development, ceremony.||Community and connection, content exploration, guest teachers, movement observation, teaching practice.Zoom||Meet with a Gentle Yoga Mentor in a small group to explore all things teaching related: observing bodies, developing your voice, working on.|
|Details||A cohort will move through the content together, the next cohort starts in September 2022. You can choose to complete all the content in your own timing.||Attendance at these calls is supportive in feeling connected to the community and course. Calls are recorded if you’re unable to attend the live session.||Calls are scheduled in a variety of time zones and are recorded if you’re unable to attend the live session.||Groups are organized by time zone to facilitate community and connection with your small group. Each teacher teaches their group live twice during the program.|
- When - At your convenience.
- Where - In the online learning portal.
- Purpose - Flexibly explore and learn the core content at your own speed, in your own timing.
- Details - A cohort will move through the content together, the next cohort starts in September 2022. You can choose to complete all the content in your own timing.
- When - Beginning and end of the program, 4 hours each.
- Where - Zoom
- Purpose - Gather in community for learning, connection, development, ceremony.
- Details - Attendance at these calls is supportive in feeling connected to the community and course. Calls are recorded if you’re unable to attend the live session.
- Live Sessions
- When - Twice a month, two hours sessions.
- Where - Zoom
- Purpose - Community and connection, content exploration, guest teachers, movement observation, teaching practice.Zoom
- Details - Calls are scheduled in a variety of time zones and are recorded if you’re unable to attend the live session.
- When - Once a month.
- Where - Zoom
- Purpose - Meet with a Gentle Yoga Mentor in a small group to explore all things teaching related: observing bodies, developing your voice, working on.
- Details - Groups are organized by time zone to facilitate community and connection with your small group. Each teacher teaches their group live twice during the program.
- Complete the online content.
- Teach twice in your mentorship group and attend at least three mentorship calls beyond the ones you teach in.
- Submit teaching video and written sequence for a class based around a theme of your choosing.
- Attendance to all live calls. If you can’t make it live there will be replays available.
- Write a final exam. Don’t forget, no pass or fail! We view the exam simply as a way to help you to see where you might have gaps in your
- knowledge and where to spend further exploration moving forward.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is your program accredited through Yoga Alliance?
Yes. Upon program completion, you can apply through Yoga Alliance for approval as a 200-Hour Yoga Teacher.
Why do we need to meet live?
We meet live to observe, practice, refine and develop our skills as teachers and to gather in community and ceremony as yoga practitioners through thousands of years have done.
Who teaches this program?
Please view more information about our teaching faculty here on our Team page.
When does my course access expire?
You have one year access to all course materials.
Do I need to purchase additional materials?
Yes. Historical texts, anatomy reference books, and other books deepen your practice and teaching and will be part of the requirement of course completion. These are an additional expense.
What is the cost of the program?
The investment is $3333 Canadian dollars. Early bird pricing options exist before each enrolment cohort if you want to join live sessions.